Saturday, June 19, 2010

Anyone drive a BMW 535i in the northern climate (snow)?

I have a brand new 2008 BMW 535i that is sitting at my florida home. I want to bring it to my home in the north (indiana) and have it as my main car here because this is where I spend most of my time. I'm not sure how it will be in the winter months though. I wold likely put either a winter or all season tire on the vehicle just before the snow flies.



Can anyone attest to how the 5 series (not the all-wheel drive version) is in typical snowy conditions?



Anyone drive a BMW 535i in the northern climate (snow)?liveupdate



Good question, I used to own an E39 540i (wasn't all wheel drive). The car handled beautifully in the snow with Micheline alpine snow tires and this was in Duluth, MN.



If you have a 535i you should be fine if you're used to driving a rear wheel drive car, just get some good winter tires for that season and you'll be great.



If you ever get stuck, simply switch off the DSC or drive the car in "half mode" from the start.



***DO NOT USE "ALL SEASON" TIRES, GET SPECIFIC WINTER TIRES FOR THAT SEASON AND SWITCH BACK IN SPRING***



Good luck, remember, the notion that BMW's aren't good in snow is a big myth, if you're prepared it is actually quite fun.



Anyone drive a BMW 535i in the northern climate (snow)?nortin

No comments:

Post a Comment