Saturday, June 19, 2010

Smoke from my BMW? - Drove through deep water?

I drove my BMW through flood waters this morning (no choice on my way to work) it stalled out in the middle of a puddle once, I was able to start it and then it happened again. I made it to work but I could smell smoke coming from my engine. Can you tell me what the problem may be?



Smoke from my BMW? - Drove through deep water?free spyware remover



could be nothing but get it checked BMW's are electrical nightmares. A little water in the wrong place could mean $$$



Smoke from my BMW? - Drove through deep water?ktm



water burning off manifolds
Your car pulled water into the engine. Be glad that your engine hasnt seized up. You need to let it dry out. Keep AAA's number on had because it could still seize if you run it with water inside it. Be careful and stay off the highway till you get this fixed. I would recommend going to your BMW dealership and have them check it out (If youre under warrenty). Otherwise take it to a garage if youre not very automotive saavy.
sounds like U either got water in the engine, which is not good, or just water in the exhaust, hope for the latter



check the oil and see if its a creamy color that can be an indicator of water in the oil/ engine if it has then get the oil changed and let the car run till all the water has cooked off,run at low revs, when it stops smoking, change the oil and filter again

No comments:

Post a Comment