Wednesday, November 4, 2009

2004 Subaru Legacy GT vs 2001 BMW 300Xi... maintenance costs and resale?

I was planning on buying either of those cars and my dad was going to help me financially but he says he doesn't want me to get the BMW because maintenance costs like changing the brakes and whatever other fixes are gonna be so much more for the bmw... what do you all think?



2004 Subaru Legacy GT vs 2001 BMW 300Xi... maintenance costs and resale?anti virus protection



I own a 2003 BMW 325xi and I have had Zero problems other than a dead windshield wiper motor. I would recommend getting a BMW warranty because it covers pretty much everything. The Subaru would be better if you are doing heavy duty snow driving. The BMW has the third highest resale value out of all cars in the US, it is a worth buy.



2004 Subaru Legacy GT vs 2001 BMW 300Xi... maintenance costs and resale?antivirus



Its true. those BMW maintainence costs will be more expensive. I think its better to go for the Subaru instead. Cheaper to maintain
BMW's hold together very well, and that is evident by their amazing residuals. There is the cost of maintenance that will be a lot higher with the BMW than the jap car. You have to expect that though, the best cars have the best parts. If your dad will help you on the subaru but not the bmw, then it's a no-brainer, get the subaru, and when you can afford it yourself, go get a BMW. And that is very tough for me to say considering i hate jap cars.
I think you would spend less money on the Subaru.



If you have enough money, the 2005 model Legacy is a totally new design and is much better than base model is about as good as the 04 Legacy GT, and the new GT has the WRX STi engine in it tuned down to an awesome 250HP in an AWD luxury sedan!



Good Luck
Your dad is right. Any kind of maintenance on the BMW will cost you a lot more money. Forget the guy who says he's had not problems with his particular car, that's not typical. And even if he had no problems, that doesn't mean the one you get won't. Resale value is good for both, so I wouldn't worry about that too much. For my money, I'd go with the Legacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment