Wednesday, November 4, 2009

How does a BMW 3-series coupe ('00 - '06) do in snow?

I live in Chicago, and I'm looking at a BMW 325Ci coupe... If i put some quality snow tires on, how would it handle slick, icy roads and small amounts of snow and slush?



How does a BMW 3-series coupe ('00 - '06) do in snow?aurora



As long as you have snow tires, you'll do fine. I have an '05 M3, and drove through one of the blizzards we had on the east coast last year with no problem. I was concerned about it when I purchased the car as well, but as was mentioned, the 50/50 weight distribution and traction control do wonders in the snow. Obviously, have a light foot on the gas, and you'll be ok.



BTW, I purchased my winter wheel/tire package from the dealer - they were actually competitive with tire rack, and they store the set that's not on the car. I have Dunlop M3s in 17/225/45, and they worked great.



How does a BMW 3-series coupe ('00 - '06) do in snow?download



It will do fine because its a BMW and it has Traction control! It is rear wheel drive but it has all that 50/50 weight distribution and what not. So yes it will do fine in the snow i would recommend getting snow tires incase you have alot of snow where you are.
they are good, as long as you know how to drive
Generally, the heavier the car, the better it does. It also helps if the car is rear wheel, to put a couple of 50 lb bags of sand in the trunk. I would keep kitty litter as well as a small shovel, or you can use the sand, that way if you get stuck, you can scoop some in front and behind the tires for traction. Hope this helps.
it is a rear drive car. expect to slide around in the snow. consider the "x" version. it offers all wheel drive.
Just fine! I have an 01 330CI. I spent $1000 on new snow tires and rims. I think I got ASA rims, fwiw.

No comments:

Post a Comment