Thursday, October 22, 2009

Car..Audi or BMW or Passat?-read details?

ok. so i'm going to college next year, and my parents said they would get me a car. (keep in mind this car would be manual, I won't even consider an automatic) so what does everyone recommend, a BMW (99-05) an Audi (99-05) or a new Passat, as in 07 or 08...?



Car..Audi or BMW or Passat?-read details?free spyware



The passat is perefect!



I was in the same situation you were in, but i got the jetta because it was the perfect size for me.



BMW's are high to maintain after teh warranty runs out, and Audi and VW are the same cars, with just different names.



A new VW passat vs its sister car the A6 would be a picture perfect car. I've had a couple VW's in the past, and my new one is my favorite! my Vee Dubb saved me on the freeway when i was hit, and it never fails to disappoint.



Plus, VW offers an amzing warranty when you buy new, and even a roadside assistance! so if your like me and you happen to be driving home at 2 in the mornning and run out of gas, they'll come to you and give you a gallon for free!



Overall, the VW passat would be the best choice because its stylish, reliable, luxurious, and carries a super cool warranty



Car..Audi or BMW or Passat?-read details?live update



get the newer car with a warranty. if your parents are paying for it maybe they will have an opinion. don't get an older car just because it's flashy.
I would definitely say get the newer car that's under warranty, but i wouldn't get a Passat. Most parking spaces in college towns are pretty small...getting something that big is a mistake..it will get beat to hell. I would get something small, like a Rabbit, if you like VW's. Even a Jetta would be smaller than a Passat. You're not going to need that big of a car for college.
For a college student, I wouldn't recommend any of them. A car like any of those will be thief magnets. Also, you don't drive too much while you're at school, so having a nice car like that is kind of a waste. Plus, all of those cars mentioned are expensive to repair, so you will likely be stranded and/or paying huge fees if you need work done while away from home.



But if you are set on one of those, I would go with the BMW. If you can, try to get one with All Wheel Drive (it will have an "X" in the model number, like 330xi). If you wanted an automatic, I would say the Audi, but Audi's manual transmissions are known to have some problems. I would imagine that extends to VW since they share platforms. Have fun with your new car!

No comments:

Post a Comment