Monday, October 19, 2009

Is the E46 BMW 325i or ci really that underpowered?

I'm 17, looking for my first new car. Yes, I realized I'm very fortunate to potentially get a BMW as my first car, let alone a car to begin with. Fortunately, I went through some logical thinking in the past few months, and I've realized that even though it would be nice to have a high-performing car like the M3, it's really not that necessary and dangerous.



I just need a nice looking car that's safe, looks good on the inside, and gets me from Point A to B. Performance is just not a major want of mine.



So let's say I opt for a 325i or ci (2 door version), which have 184 horsepower. Does that mean this car is very slow? Or is it at least zippy? Or should I opt for a 330i/ci?



Or maybe an Infiniti G35 coupe, or a Lexus IS300? All these cars are floating in my head as potential buys.



Is the E46 BMW 325i or ci really that underpowered?antivirus programs



My boyfriend has a 2003 BMW 325Ci E46 Manual Transmission. Out of my personal experience driving it, I think it has enough power especially because BMW's are known for their Torque. Horsepower isnt everything. On another note I have a 2007 BMW 328Xi Coupe and it is basically the same horsepower as the E46 330. So let me tell you that has a TON of power. My boyfriend is getting his 2006 BMW M3 this week and its going to be scary fast haha... Huge increase in power. I live in RI and we have had a lot of snow this year so if your worried about the snow go for the 330xi. But my boyfriend has snow tires on the E46 325ci and it is extremely good in the snow together with the traction control! Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment