Thursday, October 22, 2009

Why wont my BMW 740 I go in reverse ??

I own a 1993 740 I IT has 200.000 mile on her but she runs great. This past year have put over 3000 in repairs. sencers,vacume, and intake problems to get her to pass smog. Finally I got all that done . The other day when I put her in reverse I got nothing. Whats strange is all the forward gears shift smoothly like new. Is this something that is electronic, ?I know that trannys for these cars cost allot so if I need a new one well the car will be totaled. It would cost more than shes worth. I am hoping that someone out there who is a bmw expert can tell me something simple that I can do or check to solve my problem. Even if I can get the reverse to barely work I would be happy with that. I only useit to back out of my garage to leave Any ideas at all I would be willing to try the car still looks great It all Black on black leather tinted windows help!!



Why wont my BMW 740 I go in reverse ??hp



Hi there you don't say if its auto or manual?



If manual, I suggest you check out the selector lever, and work out just what it is doing that isn't happening with forward gears.



Hope this helps a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment