Thursday, October 8, 2009

How come a BMW M3 e46 is better than a corvette c5?

Hi. I'm a BMW fan, so I don't know a lot about american cars and engines in general. But I find it funny that the m3 with the 3.2 Liter engine, beats the mighty Corvette c5 (exception Zo6) with a 5.7 liter engine. Thats weird if you ask me. 0-60 times are faster in a m3 and also top speed without the limiter. And the corvette has more HP, 345 vs. 333hp for the m3. The weight shouldn't really be an issue on this one, because the m3 isn't lightweight at all. Even at fuel economy and handling the m3 is superior, based on my research. Not to mention the interior. The m3 is amazing when it comes to the interior. I got a chance to drive one, and Its my favorite car.



I wanna see what some corvette fans have to say about this. Thanks



How come a BMW M3 e46 is better than a corvette c5?computer repair



It is better? After about 10 minutes of research, I found the following information:



BMW M3 e46:



0-60 in 4.8 seconds, 1/4 mile in 13.1 @ 105 mph



Top Speed = 155 with limiter, 189 without



Corvette C5:



0-60 in 4.55* seconds, 1/4 mile in 13.25 seconds @ 109 mph



Top Speed = 175 without limiter



(* Assuming 6-speed manual. Auto trans times range a bit higher. See source for details.)



Looks like the BMW wins that argument. Lets look at more stuff, shall we?



BMW M3 e46:



Curb Weight: 1,570 kg

No comments:

Post a Comment