Thursday, October 1, 2009

Why is my 2008 BMW 328I only Avg. 16 miles per gallon?

I just leased a 328I BMW and the gas milage suks. I had a CLK 320 before and it was much better. I'm now avg.ing about 16MPG!!!??? is this right, or is something wrong with the car. I do both city and highway driving with some traffic?? Thanks guys.



Why is my 2008 BMW 328I only Avg. 16 miles per gallon?virus



If you are still in your breakin period (about the first 1000-2000 miles), you will always get worse gas mileage than after the period.



Why is my 2008 BMW 328I only Avg. 16 miles per gallon?anti virus



Does anyone know how long a BMW 325 XI will last for. I see one for sale has 123 miles owner wants 12,000 for a 2003. Is it worth the buy? Report It


CHANGE OUT OF 1ST GEAR M8
It probably has something to do with your driving style. It COULD be a bad oxygen or air flow sensor, but chances are the problem lies in your right foot.



Keep the RPMs low, don't accelerate too fast or too slow, use cruise control and keep it under 75 or so (optimum speed will vary, but above that almost all cars fuel economy plummets) Brake early so you have better control over your speed through turns, and so that you can avoid having to stop at red lights (this depends on traffic, of course).



You can draft trucks and motorhomes, too, but if you can't do it at a safe following distance (you'll know when you're in the wake, since you can feel a transition when you enter it)...that is, if you can't do it following 2 seconds behind the car in front, don't. But on the highway, large vehicles DO punch a big hole in the air, and it DOES work.

No comments:

Post a Comment