Thursday, October 8, 2009

Is honda better in speed than BMW???

People said Honda is better in speed than BMW and in durabillity also. I thought BMW is a lot better than cheaper japanese car in quality.



Is honda better in speed than BMW???ducati



No, never, nope, nein, not even in a stylized depiction of sub-par vehicles tuned beyond their limits in, like, say The Fast and Furious.



I'll answer this question from firsthand experience only.



I drive a 2000 E46 328i, before I tuned it, my speed record was 147 miles an hour. I live in Michigan; I did it on country roads. That is really fast, but not that fast. My 328i gets about 200 lbs/ft of Torque and just shy of 200 bhp at 4900 RPMs. This means I generally don’t even move into 5th gear until about 100mph. I'm still in 3rd at about 80, pretty easily. Now compare that to a Civic. You just cannot.



BMWs are designed to be driven on the Autobahn. I was outside Essen last month on the Autobahn in a late 1990s 7-Series, a big, hulking car. I was cruising, cruising mind you, at 138 mph and it wasn't even difficult. I was in the left lane passing the car in front of me and about a mile behind me was a Red Porsche, the lady flasher her lights and literally in seconds, she was directly behind me, telling me I needed to get into the right lane. She seriously, blew my doors off. Passed with blinding speed. That just goes to show the speed capabilities of German Cars, I do not think that Japanese cars are capable of that speed. It was a Boxster, a base model Porsche.

No comments:

Post a Comment