Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Looking for feedback on a used 2000 BMW 328i....?

I have started looking around at some used BMW's. I came across a 2000 328i with 86xxx miles . Asking price is $11,925.00. From the early research I've done, this sounds like a fair price. This is at a reputable dealership. I don't have a lot of experience with BMW's, and obviously with this mileage it has surpassed the warranty and maintenance upkeep. I've heard conflicting info on the prices of upkeep and oil changes, etc. It's a beautiful car in great shape. Has anyone had good/bad experiences with higher mileage models like this? Hoe much do the oil changes run, and do you really have to go back to the dealer everytime?



Here is a link to the car:http://www.elcochevrolet.com/Preowned-In...



I appreciate any feedback!



Looking for feedback on a used 2000 BMW 328i....?anti virus scan



I would proceed with caution, and it has nothing to do with the condition or price of the car



Look at the forum links on my other post below. The 2000 323i/ci and 328i/ci have very high occurrences of rear subframe failure. If it doesn't have it now, it almost certainly will have it later. The forum list came from individuals reporting to have the same problem... and last count, it was close to 200 people (myself included)!



E46 cars also suffer from front strut tower bulging (mushrooming) with mileage.



I believe the 328i has a GM 5L40E automatic tranny so the part about the ZF5HP19 automatic transmission failures do not apply in your case.

No comments:

Post a Comment