Sunday, October 4, 2009

2002 Volkswagen Passat? 2002 Audi A4? 2002 BMW 3 series?

I'm looking to get a car but cant decide whether to get either a passat glx, audi a4 or bmw 3 series. I know I'll get the most for the money if I get a passat glx because it has a 30 valve 190 hp v6 and every option you can think of. It even has front, side and curtain airbags. It also has rain sensing wipers. Audi's are similar but cost more, bmw's are nice but I feel like I'm paying mostly for the name. HELP!!!



2002 Volkswagen Passat? 2002 Audi A4? 2002 BMW 3 series?moto guzzi



Depending on what kind of equipment the A4 has, I would probably go for either the A4 or the Passat. The 3-Series is rather expensive as a used car, and the A4 and Passat, while still not cheap, are better buys.



I'd probably lean towards the Passat, as it is roomier and a loaded model, and the A4 is probably a base 1.8T model. If the A4 were a 3.0 model, then the decision would be slightly more difficult.



2002 Volkswagen Passat? 2002 Audi A4? 2002 BMW 3 series?norton internet security 2008



I have owned a 2002 Passat, I drove it for 75k, and basically loved it. It had its share of issues, and fixing them is not cheap. None of these models are inexpensive to maintain, as they are german manufactured. Which basically means that there are 500 parts to one thing, where a japanese model has 20 parts for one thing. That being said, there is something about German cars that I love. I now own a 2003 A4. Overall I like that car more than the Passat. It is much sportier, I like the look better, too. But, it is also much more problematic than the Passat was. I have it in the shop now for a sludge issue, that is basically going to mean a new engine....(fortunately it is covered by the certified pre owned warranty) I definitely like the 3 series, but it is much more expensive than either the VW, or Audi. It truly depends on what you want. If style is the key, the 3 series or a4 take the VW. Overall though, as far as value is concerned, you can't go wrong with the VW. Plus, it seems like that's the car you are leaning to. Good luck, either choice you make is the right one, as long as its what you want!!!
The BMW is the way to go. Your not paying for the name. Your paying for a better engineered car. They drive better, stop better, turn better. You will also have fewer annoying electrical faults. And it will be worth more when you sell it.

No comments:

Post a Comment