Sunday, September 20, 2009

I'm a happy BMW rider- of a '71 R60/5 to be exact. But I'm shopping for a newer bike

A new Beemer is out of reach price-wise. But I love the BMW's reliability, the smoothness, the quiet, the shaft drive. Needless to say I'm not an HD guy. And the newer Gold Wings don't appeal to me. Any suggestions from satisfied owners of metric cruisers and/or touring machines?



I'm a happy BMW rider- of a '71 R60/5 to be exact. But I'm shopping for a newer bike for touring. Suggestions?bmw



What about an excellent exercise bicycle. Very economical on the fuel and very trendy.



I'm a happy BMW rider- of a '71 R60/5 to be exact. But I'm shopping for a newer bike for touring. Suggestions?free adware remover



Huh? Who are the voters? Report It


royal enfield, MZ, ural?
The new motorcycles are fantastic. I have a BMW F650GS that I dual-sport with. I ride a lot of back roads and have very aggressive, knobby tires on it. I also have been looking for a second, street / touring bike. I am considering the Suzuki 650 V-Strom. I fits me perfect, weighs little more than 430 lbs, an upright riding position, cheap insurance, low price, and very good rider reviews. They also make a 1000 cc model, a little taller. Much cheaper than a Beemer.
There are a lot of older 75 and 100 "K" series BMWs out there with very low miles for minimal $$$$. Look in places like the IBMW classifieds. The most expensive one I saw had something like under 2000 miles on it and was only $4K. The Ks are pretty bulletproof if the maintenance has been done. Watch which models...they come as everything in seating position from "semi cafe racer" to "sit up and beg" in terms of handlebar rise and such. Also the majority of them require you to be pretty tall to be able to touch the ground. They did make a few with lower seats. There's a forum here for the older k bikes:

No comments:

Post a Comment