Sunday, September 20, 2009

Should I get a BMW?

I have researched many cars and I will probably get a 2001-2004 bmw 325, 328, or 330. I want unmatched performance paired with luxury. I will be looking to spend under $20k. Are these cars considered reliable, and how do their maintenance costs compare to that of lexus es300's, nissan maxima's or acura 3.2's? I dont make a ton of money and am 23 but I am a HUGE car enthusiast.



Should I get a BMW?internet security software



BMW's aren't cheap, even when used. If you want unmatched performance, then you are looking at the 330ci. Under $20k for a decent shape used one will be a bit of a challenge you may have to be patient and wait.



BMW's are generally very reliable; however regular maintenance will cost you 3 to 4 times more than a Lexus or Acura. Parts and labour is very expensive.



If performance %26 luxury are the combo you need; then you only have so many choices: its either a A4, 3 series, 350z, TSX ...



It's a relatively short list of performance/luxury.



The TSX would be the most reliable and cheapest to maintain ... however it also is a front wheel drive; but performance is pretty good still.



If luxury isn't all that important to you (and money is still hard earned as opposed to being inherited) I would recommend a vehicle more appropriate for your "stage of life". A used WRX wagon will be almost as fast as a 330ci, but you'll get better gas mileage, cheaper repairs, all wheel drive and much more functionality.

No comments:

Post a Comment