Sunday, September 20, 2009

I sold my 1957 bmw and the man i sold it is trying to sew me because he says it's not in the sh

i just sold my 1957 bmw isetta to a man in IL i live in WA. he was weired about the shippment and wanted it before his check went through but i refused. i told him absolutly everything i new on the car and what had been done to it. i sent him dozens of pics. and told him everything that still needed done to it. the shipper came when i wasn't home and picked up the car and left without my signiture. he got the car and dissided that it wasn't in the shape that he thought it was in and demanded his $12,000 back, but since i told him everything along with pictures i said no and that the sale was final. now he says that he's going to sew me with washington and illinoise laws. i'm 19 years old and he's like 60 so i don't know much about the law system. and we used the money to pay off family credit cards so we couldn't give it back anyways.



should i be worried?? is there anything he can acually do? please help.. also the entire sale was done over the phone and some by email.



I sold my 1957 bmw and the man i sold it is trying to sew me because he says it's not in the shape i said.helpcomputer repair



First, I'm not a lawyer so I'm just going by past experience.



I don't claim to be a lawyer and everything is this is strictly a matter of opinion. With that said. Call a lawyer. Did you say in your emails, that it was being sold "AS IS" and that everything "Is accurate to the best of your knowledge"? If you have those two things in writing, you should be cool. Also, it was a 1957 and you sent a ton of pictures which is in your favor. He can sue you though. Joys of our country, you can sue anyone for anything. thats the problem with the courts these days. However, i hope you didn't say anything like, perfect condition, or good as new... Take all your pics and emails to an attorney. Any reputable attorney will not charge you for consultation and will tell you how much, if any trouble your in. Leave the copies with the attorney and ask about retainer costs in case you are sued and email the man back with your attorney's information stating that the car was sold as is and pictures were sent prior to sale. Any further contact should be made throught the attorney. You may be able to get out with minimal cost and make it a learning experience. In my state its "buyer beware" so once its sold its not my problem anymore. the sale took place in your state. Thats where it was listed, thats where it was paid for so you should have jurisdiction. Talk with your attorney and go from there

No comments:

Post a Comment