Sunday, September 20, 2009

Thinking of buying a BMW Z3 Roaster - Is it a good car?

I fell in love with the BMW Z3 when I was about 10 years old when I saw it in the movie GoldenEye, and I've always had it on my "buy list." But if I buy a 1997 -2000 Roaster for $6,000-$10,000, am I throwing my money away on a car that is going to break down in 2 years?



Thinking of buying a BMW Z3 Roaster - Is it a good car?ducati



Despite common belief, european cars in general are more reliable than american cars but are less reliable than Asian. The BMW Z3 and Z4 have a pretty good track record except for the fact that they suffer from engine cooling problems. So, if you live in a hot southern state like Arizona, Texas or New Mexico, I would stay away from it. Also, no matter what car you buy, with time and milage they will need extra maintanace and repairs, and BMW parts and labor can be pricy. A good alternative is the Honda S2000. Stay clear from year models 2000 and 2003. They had trany problems.



Thinking of buying a BMW Z3 Roaster - Is it a good car?hp



Not sure re breakdown, but they are a very tiny car, almost like a toy. But if that's what you like go for it, just get a mechanic to check it out before you buy, and get a warranty if possible. ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment