Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Please Help With My BMW 740il!!!!?

Hmmmm my bmw always say transmission programs and i just replace a new transmission like a year ago .... what wrong with it?



Please Help With My BMW 740il!!!!?anti virus software



So here you're telling us what the BMW guys said.



But you didn't explain what the symptoms are to begin with... how do you expect anyone here to tell you what's wrong with it?



Please Help With My BMW 740il!!!!?aurora



That message usually means you need a new transmission. I would go to dealer and have them diagnose the problem.
yea more info would help!
get it replaced again and then see what happens
It sounds like you had someone install a used transmission a year ago - not a brand new one. I have a feeling you got a transmission that was going bad, so after a year of driving, it has failed. Hopefully you purchased a warranty (or they gave you one) on the transmission.



If you paid $2000-$3500, you did not get a new transmission. I think they put a used transmission in your car. If you paid $6000 or more, they probably put a new transmission in and you should push the dealer to repair it under warranty.



These cars are wonderful, but very expensive to repair and maintain. Since you have a 740iL, this means its a 1993 to 2001. Probably has over 100,000 miles on it. I don't think they put a brand new transmission in. I also have a feeling you don't have the dealership doing your maintenance. My gut feeling is that you have an independent mechanic doing your work, but I have a feeling they are not top notch - heck, they put a bad transmission in your car.



You may have to cut your losses and get a different car. I think you're going to continue to have problems with this car and it will cost you a lot to keep it going.



Good luck!



Greg
Is it in limp home mode? Was it a new tranny or used? More info would be helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment