Sunday, September 20, 2009

Should I buy a BMW X5 for my son?

I want to get my son (17 years old) a car in which is safe and "somewhat" ;) nice too. I don't want to do anything Japanese, and preferably not American.



I have been looking around and have seen many 2000 - 2003 BMW X5's for around $16,000. Most of them are with the good V8 engine? Why are they (relatively) inexpensive? They seem like a really good deal.



Should I go with the X5, or are there better cars for the money out there?



Thanks for the help!



Should I buy a BMW X5 for my son?download



A) Make him buy his own car. He is less likely to trash it if he has $$$ in it.



B) Who pays for gas? Will you be paying for that too? Paying for gas on a highschool salary in a X5 would be crappy.



C) Will he be paying for repairs? German cars are notorious for high parts prices as well as very odd service procedures



D) Stay away from the Benz's M-class at all costs.



Should I buy a BMW X5 for my son?hijackthis



I would not go buy a 17 year old male a BMW, even if it is used, that will go straight to his head... if you want foreign and safe, go with something nice, but not to nice, and safe.... a Volvo S40, you can even get a new one for $25,000. Better on insurance too. Hey, what about a Volkswagen GTI, or Jetta... German, safe , cool for young people, not expensive either.... only $20K-$28K
its gonna be his first car? well, better to buy something chipper, coz 17 y.o. want to drive fast and crazy so nobody knows for how long this car is
ok, look man, if you want your son to drive really well in future years than buy him the most beastly thing possible to drive, know i love bmw's but i learned in a 64' Land Rover, that is the type of car for your son, something hard to drive, make sure it's a manuel too, good luck
Im 16 with a 08 C class. Part of the reason why my dad got me that was cos its very reliable on saftey.
i am 17 and my 1st car was a BMW X5.

No comments:

Post a Comment