Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Should I trade in my car, a bmw, to make a profit and lower my payments?

I have a 2004 BMW 330i with about 25,000 miles on it. Blue book says its value is around $30,000. I only owe about 23,000 on it. My payments are currently $425/mo. I may concider downgrading to save some cash monthly. I Know car dealers can be tricky. How far do you think I would come out ahead? And how stupid am I to trade in a BMW to buy a ford fusion or the like??



Should I trade in my car, a bmw, to make a profit and lower my payments?norton antivirus



If Kelly's says your car is worth 30,000, my boss can buy it at auction for 23-24k more than likely. That is what they will offer you for yours. Your local BMW will mark it up 4 ot 5 grand and all the blind sheep that purchase BMW, Lexus, Infiniti, Mercedes, will talk them down a bit and proudly display their new status symbol never realizing that all the brands I mentioned are among the most marked up cars out there.



The only way you buy a car to maybe make money is maybe to buy a OLD collectors car from the 50's, 60's , 70's and hold onto it for 20-30 years, not put a lot of miles on it, than hope a collector will pay you what it is supposedly worth.



Should I trade in my car, a bmw, to make a profit and lower my payments?security



Kelly Blue Book price is way inflated. I would use Edmunds for a value that's closer than what you would actually be able to get.
They will not give you blue book at a dealer in this market. Your best shot is to sell the car for 25K or so if you can get it and buy something new Japanese and smaller with the money. Corolla, Versa, Civic. Or if you like Ford or Chevy they will give you a discount.
park your car in your yard and sell it..i am a car salesman and take it from me..there are 2 ways to make profit..we undervalue your trade in and over price our cars..btw..neither kelly nor NADA had wrote the first check as far as i know..they dont buy cars..car lots buy cars to make profit on them in the long run..just like anyone else they need to eat..and the ford fusion is a nice car..get the one in the black leather interier and you may like it better than your bmw

No comments:

Post a Comment