Sunday, September 20, 2009

Should I have my BMW lowered?

I want to have my bmw 318is lowered because I think it would greatly improve the appearance of the car.



What will I need to do this and how much will it cost?



Also how will the lowering affect performance/drive etc?



Thanks



Should I have my BMW lowered?auto protect



i also had my 318is lowered..



appeareance= it looks fabolous but in a matter of time u might replace your exhaust kit... due to scratches..



price= depends on the brand of the lowering kit ( mine is an h%26r sport around $1500)



performance= you wont notice it coz your ride is too slow..



Should I have my BMW lowered?downloads



It's no fun seeing a lowered car scrape into and out of entrances to parking lots and gas stations. Plus think of all the time and money spent on big rims with low profile tires. And what is especially scary is seeing someone misjudge the curb and destroy their front spoiler because their car has been lowered. Flat tires are a chore too as many times the OEM bumper jack no longer will fit under the car. Make sure you have your cell phone at all times as you will be calling roadside assistance for help.
Check with the nearest BMW dealer and your insurance company. Some insurance companies will drop you if it is not lowered by a certified mechanic and done at the dealer ship. It may also drop you resale value if it is improperly done. Not to mention it can also make it very unsafe.
I'm torn on this myself, my car was lowered but it was done improperly. It looked good but drove like crap %26 now the front end will never be aligned like it should. If you do decide to lower it please get lowering springs %26 no coilovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment