Sunday, October 4, 2009

I bought a 99 bmw 328i and a need an extra key, but the dealer wants 180 dollars for it!! who knows

I need to get a spare bmw key but I can't pay what the dealer pretends to rip me off!



Does any one know where can I get some aftermarket spare?



I bought a 99 bmw 328i and a need an extra key, but the dealer wants 180 dollars for it!! who knows better ?internet



You can't. The key is coded to the car. If you have a locksmith cut one it won't get the car running. That's why I got rid of my BMW. The dealer has you by the gonads and wants them along with an arm and leg for maintenance. Most of their models you can't even get a battery, except from the dealer. It cost me $130 for a battery. I checked everywhere but the battery was only made in Germany for BMW.



I bought a 99 bmw 328i and a need an extra key, but the dealer wants 180 dollars for it!! who knows better ?network



Go to eBay... buy it for less and a dealer will program or cut the key for you. If it is a place you go to for service a lot, they may program or cut it for free. My saab and mercede's dealer did on my cars.
BMW is a hi brow car for affulent owners. ... This kind of car needs more money to keep it running smooth And for replacement parts. ... I have a GMC and extra keys are $2 at the lock smith. Maybe you can go to the lock smith and he may have something for your car...
Unfortunately there is absolutely no way to get an aftermarket spare key - BMW codes the key to the car. That means BMW not the dealer - it is an ordered part that comes in already coded - it is part of the anti-theft system.
Tell the dealer where he can stick his extra key. Sorry, if you want the anti theft system to work right you need to pay him or another dealer $180. You could remove your locks and replace them with something cheap, if you have a knack for that. Write a letter to consumer reports about that , you may get your name in the magazine.
Switch dealers. Got a replacement for my 1997 328i for 75$.
I've heard of some people that sells blank keys on ebay. Dealers won't cut them because they can't. You need to go to the dealer. $180 sounds average. I've heard of some dealers that charge up to $250.
er, you can afford to buy and run a bmw but now you're quibbling over $180?

No comments:

Post a Comment