Thursday, October 1, 2009

I have a 2000 BMW 328ci and the turn signal light goes out at times?

like when I start the car up sometimes its fine but after a while the driver side buld goes out. if I start to take the lens apart it come back on? I have tried replacing the blub same thing. i was wondering if others have had this problem.. Also anyone know where I can find a Ambient Temp Sensor/ the wires my was cut off .. I have no salvage yards close that carry BMW parts (Ohio)



I have a 2000 BMW 328ci and the turn signal light goes out at times?norton



Go to www.bavauto.com for the sensor. The part number is 65 81 6 905 133 . Costs about $30.



If your bulb is coming on and off, you are probably too late for cleaning the contact. Arcing has probably melted parts of the contact away. Look inside your bulb holder - at the contact that touches the bottom contact of the bulb, if you see a "C" shaped contact, it's too late. A proper contact should be "O" shaped. A new bulb holder is just a few dollars even from the dealer.



If you MUST do a "band-aid" repair (ie; this is temporary = don't use beyond a week), if you are nimble enough, wrap a little aluminium foil around the worn contact. Make sure the foil wraps nicely around the contact and no excess foil sticks out in any direction (could short and blow your fuse). The foil will temporarily bridge the missing contact material and allow better conduction.

No comments:

Post a Comment