Sunday, October 4, 2009

What is the best BMW you recommend if my budget was $25,000?

I'm finally 16, and my dad is giving me a budget of $25,000, I love Bmw. Plz tell me the best one to buy and which year it was made.



What is the best BMW you recommend if my budget was $25,000?antivirus download



First of all...thank your father profusely for trusting you with that much money for your first car...and letting you consider a BMW. Most kids your age are not anywhere near that fortunate...so be humble to him and make him proud of your investment.



I agree with all others that you will want to look at getting an M...you'll probably want an M3 as it is a good car with lots of potential.



HOWEVER, I would suggest asking your dad to let you buy something for less than $25K and putting whatever is left into a savings account for you to mod the car with as you grow as a driver. That way you can buy mods that fit what you want to do with the car such as power mods if you're into drag racing or suspension mods for track days.



How about this...buy a 99 or so M3...take the $8K or so you just saved...spend half of it on performance driving school...learn to REALLY drive your car. Trust me on this...knowing how to control your car is such a huge skill not just for the track but for everyday driving too. My racing experience has saved my butt at least 4 times on public roads (avoiding collisions, recovering from a spin). Which in turn has easily saved me thousands and thousands of dollars in injuries and damages. BTW - knowing how to truly drive a car will make up for almost any performance you are losing by buying a slightly older model...by far.

No comments:

Post a Comment