Sunday, October 4, 2009

Putting leather on a BMW 318i's seats?

I have a BMW 318i, 1997 model year. It has cloth seats and I would really like to change them into leather. I heard that it mostly looks fake; is that true? Also, if I did put leather in it, should I use seat covers that appear to be leather? I don't mind if the door panels aren't leather... But if it's a seat cover then where would I buy them? What is the technical name for this process so I can ask around at car dealers/custom shops? Thank you for the help... I really need it! :)



Putting leather on a BMW 318i's seats?microsoft office



Look here:



http://www.bmwcca.org/classifieds



Many people remove their seats and replace them with 5 pt harness racing buckets. Factory leather seats in the correct color for your model shouldn't be too hard to find as they are popular for autocross and reasonably priced - but you may have to be a tad patient...



Putting leather on a BMW 318i's seats?norton antivirus



Auto Upholstery. I have recently re-upholstered my interior for my BMW E30 320i. It was a big job and took a long time but was worth it.



If you were to do this yourself, you would need a sewing machine capable of sewing leather. You will also need Dacron wadding, waxed thread, and of course leather.



On the other hand if you wanted someone to do this work for you you'd be looking at a steep bill! But the easiest option, you can pick-up leather interiors for EBay for around £100.



Good Luck!
I know they came out with leather seat covers. They are form fitting and easy to put on (relatively).
of cuorse as long as it is blue or black paint on the car
its called car upholstery, a friend of mine does it, costs quite a bit but looks really good.
this is a great idea. my step mom has a bmw its a little newer model but no matter what the model yuo put it on it will look great

No comments:

Post a Comment